Welcome! I’m a full time finance recruiter, part time health geek and aging athlete. My general goal with the site is to explore strategies that dig into the following goals:
- Maximizing performance in OCR (obstacle course racing), tennis, volleyball, and running
- Staying lean and maintaining muscle mass
- Injury proofing my body through movement and mobility
- Avoiding disease and staying healthy as I age
- Exploring new sport and fitness communities
- Enjoying good food and developing my cooking skills
The site is loosely organized into the categories below, so feel free to dive in by subject or check out the recent posts and archives on the right sidebar
- What are the basic nutritional needs of an athlete?
- What are the best bang for your buck foods to build your diet around for performance and recovery?
- How does performance nutrition dovetail with a plan geared towards long term health?
- What supplements make a difference when
- What’s the best way to improve endurance?
- What’s the best way to approach strengh, power, and hypertrophy training?
- How big of a factor is sleep when it comes to recovery?
- What strategies such as foam rolling, massage, or heat/cold therapy are worth the time and money?
- Travel, adventures, and peak experiences related to health
- Connecting with niche health and fitness communities and events around the world
It’s all about the journey and I’d love to join yours if you’re interested in some of these same ideas. Feel free to email me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave comments on my posts.